020 8453 1010 Menu

Airstream Disinfection Systems

As we move through the COVID-19 pandemic, the way we manage our built environments will play an important role in our health and wellbeing. Now, more than ever, we must look to improve the air quality in all public spaces like offices, schools and shopping centres.

Built environments must have integrated systems and procedures that not only create a healthy environment but safeguards the people that use them.

For over 60 years, UVC light has been used to disinfect airstreams by inactivating microorganisms, including viruses. Now, Conditioned Environment is harnessing this technology to provide a targeted solution.

 

 


What is UVC Airstream Disinfection?

UVC filtration is the use of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) lamps in HVAC systems to disinfect air by damaging the DNA and inactivating microorganisms, making them incapable of reproducing. An organism that can’t reproduce is no longer capable of causing and spreading disease.

Improving Air Quality

In most office buildings, the air is made up of approximately 25% outside air. The remaining 75% is recycled, recirculated internal air and highlights the role airstream disinfection can play.

 

How does it work?

The primary function of an in-duct UVC air disinfection system is to distribute UV energy uniformly in all directions throughout the length of the duct or air-handling unit (AHU) and deliver the appropriate UV dose to the air moving through the irradiated zone with minimum system power.

Improving the reflectivity of the inside of the air handler can increase UVC system performance by reflecting UVC energy back into the irradiated zone, making the UV more effective. When the UV lamps are installed in close proximity to the cooling coil surfaces and condensate pans they maintain their cleanliness.

 

Installing UVC HVAC Systems

At Conditioned Environment, we can create bespoke UVC airstream disinfection systems within existing HVAC systems. Our team of mechanical experts evaluates the current system and advises on which solution will best integrate with this technology.

 

Get in touch about UVC

If you’re interested in finding out more about how our UVC airstream disinfection services can improve your environment, please get in touch with our specialist team.


Latest News

Installation of tunnel comes on day non-essential shops open and UK begins to ease lockdown System is expected to be used in travel, leisure, retail and other industries to fight...

Latest Post

Our Work

Take a look at some of our projects and see what our clients say about our services and how we add value.

View Our Work

Top