We are committed to career development at Conditioned Environment and are looking for people with aspirations to excel in the mechanical building services industry.
Our apprentice scheme showcases this commitment to developing our industry and is in line with the core values of our company.
We take great pride in guiding trainees from the start of their careers, providing them with a diverse and continuously developed skill set and encouraging on-site experience with our clients.
View our current vacancies:
Responsible to: Construction Director and the Board of Directors
Responsible for: To oversee the running of all aspects of allocated mechanical/special projects/air conditioning contracts on a daily basis and as such, be accountable to the directors for their performance. To take responsibility for the establishment of targets and their achievement for all commercial and financial activities to ensure the company and client needs are exceeded at all times.
Liaison with: Pre-contracts Department
- To ensure that existing customers and potential new customers genuinely receive a quality, focussed service and product
- Provide weekly report (progress and contract) to the Construction Director
- Support site managers
- Ensure that all activities are delivered to the agreed time/cost/service specification
- To continually identify quality and business improvements and ensure these are integrated into the future activities
- Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure that good business practice is achieved and that the company’s contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharged
- Management of communication/correspondence
- Drawings/drawing management recorded correctly
- Site meetings to be attended as required
- Support pre-contracts team
- Update construction drawings/schedules as necessary and issue to site with the relevant documentation.
- Conduct regular site supervisory visits and maintain quality, progress, and resources required to maintain contract programmes and objectives
- To manage the production of operating and maintenance manuals, “as installed” drawings, installation test results and commissioning documentation
- Detect performance problems and correct them
- Act as a role model
- Obtain competitive quotes and appoint major sub-contractors
- Sub-contractors account analysis to be kept updated at all times
- Sub-contractor control meetings (to be held weekly), chaired by the site manager/project manager
- Monitor sub-contractor valuations/variations
- Ensure completion of sub-contract final account agreement
- Record VOs, and correct documentation, forwarding weekly with cost breakdowns to the client in a non-contractual manner
- Valuations/variations administration
- Finance reporting to be compiled monthly
- Maintain detailed financial control of allocated projects
- Check and agree purchase invoices
- Production of external valuations/invoices in conjunction with the directors so as to maximise the values claimed
- Support the final account production and negotiations throughout the project to settlement
- Maintain a positive cash flow to all projects and eliminate 30/60/90 day debt issues
- Throughout the project, focus on profitability and agree variations promptly
- Progress suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary
- Compilation of procurement schedules
- Compile contract programmes in Asta Power Project Health and Safety
- Personal protective equipment implementation
- Produce health and safety plan for allocated projects to include but not limited to, construction method statements, risk assessment guidelines, COSHH assessments, etc
- Meet Construction Director weekly to discuss projects and progress
- Monitor site administration
- Compile and update project progress reports and issue to client at all site meetings
- Ensure that quality and contract programmes are maintained
This specification is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to carry out different tasks
as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the
- Full control and management of site works on behalf of the sub-contractor, in accordance with all relevant contract documents.
- Attendance to any meetings requested by Conditioned Environment.
- Co-ordination with other trades.
- Quality control monitoring in accordance with all relevant contract and statutory requirements.
- Health and safety of their operatives.
- Tool box talks to operatives, recording and issuing to Conditioned Environment Project manager.
- Monitoring of sub-contractor / in house labour performance and progress, reporting to Conditioned Environment Project Manager.
- Weekly material and equipment call offs provided to Conditioned Environment in accordance with agreed programme.
- Deployment of resources as directed by Conditioned Environment or in accordance with programme.
- Authority to accept, act upon and issue instructions.
- Acceptance of free issue items from Conditioned Environment.
- Offloading, transfer to workforce, storage and protection of materials and free-issued items up to and including incorporation into the works, and practical completion.
- Marking up or ‘red line’ of ‘as built’ drawings for issue to Conditioned Environment in accordance with contract requirements, or as directed.
- Supervision of all agreed testing works.
- Maintaining the works and work areas in a clean and tidy fashion on an ongoing basis throughout the project.
- Setting out of the works and marking up on site builders work requirements.
- Flow and dissemination of site correspondence and information.